<div dir="auto">If you could see what you have inside, that would be great. Romain and Dave are right - per the documentation there are 3 ways:<div dir="auto">- termination built into the framebuffer card</div><div dir="auto">- termination resistors built into the P2 bus itself, &quot;for newer backplanes&quot;</div><div dir="auto">- there&#39;s also a mention of a special termination card which I presume is a P2-sized stub card with just resistors.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I&#39;m trying to see what are actual running/working solutions that folks can vouch for. </div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">The loaner sun2 I got is a mix of cards in an unnamed multibus enclosure, and I&#39;m coming to the conclusion it hasn&#39;t actually worked in this form, was rather just stored this way.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Thanks,</div><div dir="auto">Dan.</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon, Sep 28, 2026, 12:30 Michael Thompson via rescue &lt;<a href="mailto:rescue@sunhelp.org" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">rescue@sunhelp.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2026 18:49:56 -0700<br>
From: Dan Moisa &lt;<a href="mailto:dmoisa@gmail.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">dmoisa@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br><br>
Hi folks,<br>
<br>
For those of you with working multibus sun2, what termination are you using for P2?<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Dan<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div> Dan, I don&#39;t see anything in the 2/120 Processor and Backplane Engineering Manuals</div><div>description of the P2 bus <span style="background-color:transparent">or in the schematics that show termination on the P2 bus.</span></div><div><br></div><div>I have a 2/120 so I could disassemble it to see if there are P2 terminator resistors on</div><div>the backplane.</div><div><br></div></div><span class="gmail_signature_prefix">-- </span><br><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature">Michael Thompson</div></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
rescue list - <a href="http://sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/rescue_sunhelp.org" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/rescue_sunhelp.org</a><br>
</blockquote></div>